Game of Thrones does CORE.
Game of Thrones does CORE.
They’ve survived war, famine and politics but will they survive CORE?
With things set to hot up … or dramatically cool down over in Westeros, we decided that now would be a good time to take some of the candidates for the Iron Throne through our CORE interview process.
Skillset is one thing, but it is motivation, temperament and resilience that makes the real difference between success and failure, so are the objectives of our 3 candidates in line with the overall good of Westeros … or will the White Walkers simply turn Kings Landing into a penguin’s playground?
Check out the job listing for the Lord or Lady of the Seven Kingdoms.
We use our CORE interview methodology which combines traditional competency based interview techniques with our advanced emotionally intelligent approach, to decide who should really sit on the iron throne.
Here is just a snippet of our findings … for a more in-depth overview you might need a chat with one of our Consultants 😉.
First up … Cersei.
Cersei may currently occupy the Iron Throne but take a quick glance at her CORE summary to find out if she really deserves to be there!
• Uniting the seven kingdoms – fail
• Establishing lasting peace and prosperity – fail
• Gaining the respect and/or adoration of the people –fail
• Holding on to the Iron throne at all costs …
• Outlived her children to become Queen of Westeros
• Survived the walk of shame and a rather brutal haircut …
• Can remain standing despite several goblets of red
• We took a 360-degree reference. Most people were too scared to comment although we got a few favourable mumbles out of the Mountain and the local vineyard
Not recommended for interview (surprised she made it this far!). Although Cersei has proven herself to be resilient and currently occupies the Iron Throne, she lacks the ethics, leadership and vision required to successfully re-build the Kingdom and repel the White Walkers. We suspect she won’t hold on to Westeros for long, her motivations are way off kilter.
Next up … Jon Snow.
• Strong leadership – United the wildings and the Nights Watch
• Knows how to wield a Valyrian steel sword
• Excellent track record of killing things
• Destroy White Walkers
• Peace and prosperity
• To know something …
• Has come back from the dead (literally)
• Has actually killed a White Walker and lived to tell the tale
• Survived a broken heart (aww)
• Piles of dead bodies
• Targaryen bloodline
• Excellent references from trainee Maester Sam
Jon has yet to reveal a strong desire to sit on the Iron Throne, but he does want to bring peace and prosperity to Westeros and has already made a start on uniting the Northern Kingdoms by taking out arch rival, Ramsey Bolton, not to mention a White Walker. Jon would ideally like to remain in the North but is happy to relocate providing he can still have gravy on his chips. Recommended for interview.
And last but not least; Daenerys Targaryen.
• Strong track record of leadership.
• Commands a ridiculously hard army of Dolthraki, Unsullied, Iron Born and um, Dragons …
• Wants the Iron Throne, will stop at nothing to get it!
• Freeing the oppressed (whether they like it or not).
• Making Westeros great again!
• Impervious to fire
• Has survived imprisonment, assassins and married life with Kahl Drogo
• Excellent references received from spymaster Varys, Tyrion Lannister and Jorah Mormant
• Full pedigree Targaryen!
Daenerys is 100% committed to seizing the Iron Throne and has already made progress by amassing a significant army. She does not currently have experience of fighting White Walkers, but Dragons v White Walkers … this we need to see! Daenerys would benefit from an experienced team of advisors, although she is strong minded and will ultimately make her own decisions (backed up by Dragon fire if necessary). Recommended for interview.
Two candidates recommended for interview, but only one role …
The beauty of CORE is that it sometimes throws up unexpected answers in your search for the perfect role or candidate, giving you more options and control over the best way to create the outcome you desire!
In the case of Westeros that might mean a combination of Dragon Fire and Valyrian steel…
Watch this space for up-dates, or if you’re curious about CORE and want to find out how it can help you in your search, contact us now for more information.
CORE; recruitment done better.
Images from #HBO promo shoot for #Gameofthrones #season7