Strategic has designed its website to provide information to visitors about our business and services. At times we may collect information about your visit and combine this with other information to understand how all visitors use our site. Our website is a platform for us to collect personal information that is submitted by you as part of your recruitment search, for example your email address and Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) details. This policy explains how we use these types of data.
Strategic is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide personal information by which you can be identified when using this website or working with us in any way during the recruitment process, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It:
When registering your details as a candidate or client, or applying for a vacancy on our website, you may be asked personal information such as your name and contact details to help us help you with your experience. We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site. Strategic may invite you to submit your personal information, for example if you apply for one of our vacancies on the website or register as a candidate or client either on our database or directly with one of our consultants. The information you provide to us will normally include your name, email address, contact telephone number, relevant information as required, your CV and may also include sensitive information such as salary details, any criminal convictions and ethnicity.
This information is used by us to:
- provide our recruitment services to you, whether you are a client, candidate or a user of our website
- enable you to submit your CV generally or to apply for specific jobs
- provide information on suitable job opportunities to people who register with us, to match your profile with suitable job vacancies and to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you
- answer your enquiry
- provide other services related to or supplementary to the above, such as market information directly to you via the email address provided
As part of our recruitment activity, we may also use your information to:
- send your personal information to clients in order to apply for either a specific job or suitable vacancies that are made available in the future
- market products and services directly to your email address provided
- let you know about job alerts, industry news and events
- improve our website in order to better serve you.
- allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
By submitting your CV, you are indicating your consent for Strategic to process your personal details in the manner described above. We may also collect and process information about you where it is available from public sources. For example, if you have a professional profile online we may combine that type of information with the information you have provided directly to us.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Strategic processes data using secure cloud applications to enable your information to be accessed for the purposes of analytics, development and testing and to provide a recruitment service to you. Within the scope of the purposes outlined above, we may outsource collected personal information to outside third parties. If we do so, we will take contractual measures to ensure that they process your data in a manner consistent with this Policy. It is also important to note that:
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We do not use an SSL certificate
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or during the recruitment process, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
Subject Data Requests
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your information, or if you believe that any information we are holding for you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at [email protected]
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Since browser settings are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a United States law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Process opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Opting Out and Data Deletion
You can contact us in writing at any time at [email protected] if you wish to unsubscribe from further contact and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence. You have the right to request that the information we hold for you to be deleted from our database at any time, by requesting this in writing confirming your full name, email address and phone number.
Changes to Our Policy